Saturday, December 30, 2006

sewing again

Today JJ and T flew home to England. It was strange seeing them go without us. Just over 2 weeks ago we all arrived together, now they are going home and G and I are staying. Just G and I in the house for most of the day so what do you think I did. I started sewing of course - what did you think? I started cutting out the Kaffe Fassett quilt I have been collecting the fabrics for for some time. I used my new cutting board and long ruler bought in the pre Christmas sales. I couldn't bring either of these tools with me - too big! The ruler has a screw on handle and non-slip device. I am not sure about this, I seem to avoid using the handle most of the time. Perhaps I will warm to it but at the moment I am resisting taking the handle off. The blocks are going to be tricky to make. They are large 6 point stars, involving careful sewing to avoid the vesuvius effect in the middle and inset Y seams for the background patches. I reckon I might finally have the time to tackle this one. When I get a couple of blocks made I will try to post them for you to see. I am going to enjoy the challenge. I have spent so much time devising and making simple blocks and quilts for the beginners I have taught that I sometimes forget that I am capable of more complicated things myself. We shall see!

No comments: