Friday, December 08, 2006

Farewells


Yesterday I accepted an offer for the house I grew up in and where my Mother died earlier this year after living in the house for nearly 60 years. I moved the last few things out and said my farewells. It is a sad old house now and needs someone to do it up and care for it. Lets hope the couple who are buying it do just that and bring up a family in it as happily as we were. Farewell no.17.



Yesterday I also said farewell to my quilting friends at the last quilt meeting before I leave. We all had a nice lunch ( are all quilters also good cooks?) did a bit of sewing and they had a farewell gift for me. A quilt to make! Watch this space.

Today I went to visit my Aunt and Uncle in the nursing home where they live. My Mum's last remaining brother. They are both so frail now and this is probably the last time I shall see them. I had to say 'goodbye' but I shall remember them as they were; out in the boat with Uncle Vic and Auntie Marge's sunday tea.

No comments: